From Dr. Ueno, Excutive Director of the Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Program and Clinic
International expert panel on inflammatory breast cancer: consensus statement for standardized diagnosis and treatment.
Five simple points added for IBC diagnostic criteria
Minimum criteria required for the diagnosis of IBC include the following:
1. Rapid onset of breast erythema, edema and/or peau d’orange, and/or
2. Warm breast, with or without an underlying palpable mass.
3. Duration of history of no more than 6 months.
4. Erythema occupying at least one-third of the breast.
5. Pathological confirmation of invasive carcinoma.
The paper published May 2010 by Dr. Ueno and other leading Inflammatory Breast Cancer physicians. http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/3/515.long